Position Title: Design & Estimation Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Lead the preparation of proposals for packaged fluid treatment systems and ensure adequate technical support to Operations and Procurement through the execution phase of the project
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
Minimum Formal Academic Qualification
- Bachelor degree in Engineering – Chemical
- Other discipline engineer (Mechanical, Electrical , Instrumentation) may be considered if related experience, knowledge and competencies are a good fit
- “Minimum total full time professional experience of 12 yrs post Engineering Degree.
- Minimum 3 yrs as Lead Engineer – Design, Engineering & Proposal / Estimation for Modular steel fabricated systems such as Injection systems, Oil/Gas modular skids, Water & Waste water treatment skids OR plant construction projects
- Minimum 3 yrs experience in the Middle East, preferably in KSA with clients such as Aramco, SWCC, SABIC, NWC”
- “Demonstrated experience in independently managing the preliminary and detailed Engineering activities including MTO, Drawing checking, client technical submittals, resolution of technical issues related to materials and fabrication, testing and commisioning.
- Hands on experience in technical and commercial proposal preparation (including cost estimation).”
- Experience working with Design / Engineering Consultancies for process industry / Fluid Treatment Solution providers / Modular Fluid treatment systems manufacturer / Fabricated product manufacturer serving the Oil/Gas, Petrochemicals and Water Sectors
Skills / Knowledge / Competencies
- Working knowledge of applicable engineering codes and standards (ASME, API, ANSI, TEMA etc.) and Design / Drawing software (PV elite, STADPRO, AUTOCAD)
- Ability to establish company estimation norms and bidding process
- Problem Solving: Ability to understand client requirement and devise technically appropriate and cost effective proposal. Support the operations and procurement in resolving technical matters
- Communication: Good technical writing and presentation skills in English.
- Detail oriented: Attention to details in preparation of proposal and review of engineering design and drawings