SFS offers various water and waste water treatment solutions utilizing the latest in modern treatment and process technologies :
- Wastewater Treatment Systems :
– Extended aeration and Membrane Bio Reactor (MBR)
- Media , Ultra filtration , Cloth media and Automatic Screen Filtration
- Reverse Osmosis:
– Seawater (SWRO) – Hi energy recovery
– Brackish water (BWRO )
- Ion Exchange – Demineralization
- Chemical & Biological Treatment
- Disinfection & Oxidation Treatment
- Oil/Water Separation
- Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF)
SFS delivers equipment, systems and complete water and waste water treatment solutions that are :
- Reliable – costly downtime is avoided through collaboration with world class partners employing proven technologies and localized fabrication , system integration and service solutions.
- Efficient – our innovative design and engineering solutions help our clients maximize their water production using minimum resources and reduced power consumption.
- Dependable – We deliver the project on time to avoid additional costs.
- Compliant – we engineer systems which guarantee plant compliance with environmental legislation while reducing the plant’s water footprint.
Reverse osmosis is one of the most reliable technologies employed in producing high-purity water. However, most water supplies require some form of RO pretreatment such as softening, media filtration, activated carbon, or chemical injection to protect the membranes from premature fouling or failure.
The pretreatment requirements will vary from location to location depending on the source water quality.
The overall objective remains the same : to maintain the design flux rates, minimize the membranes cleaning frequency , reducing the unit’s overall maintenance cost , prolong the useful life of the RO equipment and above all deliver safe drinking water or pure process water for various utilities and industrial applications .
Brackish & Sea Water RO Plants
Commercial reverse osmosis units ( 600 to 15,000 GPD ) are used to purify water by removing salts and other impurities.
Manufactured to meet important criteria such as long-term reliability, robust construction and optimal recovery , these user and environmental friendly units are great for most standard and individual commercial needs.
They usually come in standard design and construction with multimedia and activated carbon pre-filters, a water softener with brine tank and a UV sterilizer.
Optionally ,they can be customized to add chemical and anti-scalant dosing, feed and back wash pumps and more as required by individual applications .
Typically they are capable of rejecting bacteria, sugars, proteins , particles, dyes, and other constituents that have a molecular weight of greater than150-250 Daltons.
Industrial Media Pressure Filters – Steel Tanks
Media Pressure Filters are the classical water purification solution to remove with sediment, suspended particles, turbidity, iron , unpleasant tastes ,odors and un-wanted color, or the common contaminants of surface water.
These filters are commonly referred to as : Industrial Steel Multimedia Systems, Multi Layer Media Sediment Filters, Anthracite Multi Media Filtration Machine, Sand Gravel Duplex Pressure Filter Plant .
Media Filters Types & Applications:
Filter Media Types:
- Sand is the most common filter media. Generally, fine mesh sand is coupled with a coarse grain support bed to remove suspended solids and turbidity.
- Gravel has a highly spherical shape enhancing good flow and even distribution in support
- Multimedia is required when maximum quality water is required and unwanted sediment is too small to be removed by standard media. It consists of multiple layers of increasing grain size to remove sediment as small as 10 microns.
- Manganese Greensand media is treated siliceous material for treating water containing: iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide through oxidation.
- Anthracite is recommended a where additional silica in the water is not desirable and can remove lighter weight turbidity-typically used where silica pick-up is undesirable.
- ProSand is based on a rare natural mineral. Its unique properties radically improve the performance and cost of media filtration.
- Calcite media is specially graded calcium carbonate compound for neutralizing acid with consistent dissolving rates for water treatment.
- Filter AG is non-hydrous silicon dioxide with many advantages for suspended matter reduction.
- Activated carbon medium is used to remove taste, odor, organic contaminants, and chlorine as well as being used in many drinking water applications.
Membrane configurations include tubular, spiral wound and hollow fiber. In addition to mainstream applications in RO pretreatment, UF filtration , produced water, MBR waste water treatment and industrial waste & reuse membranes, the Koch products address many specialty applications including dairy, juice and paint recovery.
After years of operating manufacturing facilities on the east and west coasts of the United States, they have recently consolidated those operations at their longtime location near Boston, MA.
Major product brands manufactured by Koch Membrane Systems include :
PURON® MBR Range, PURON® HF Range, TARGA™ II Range, PURON® MP Range, ABCOR™ FEG PLUS™ Range, SUPER-COR™ Range .
Ion Exchange – Demineralizers
Dematerialized water is used in markets from petrochemicals, power, mining, metals recovery and everything in between. SFS provides custom DI systems to produce the highest quality dematerialized water employing the latest engineering methods to meet our customers’ requirements.
Demineralizers using the Two-Bed and Mixed-Bed principle are well recognized as the most reliable and economical ion exchange water purification technology, producing high purity water at minimal installation and low operating costs and use the same skid mounted , pre-engineered, packaged easy to install concept. They require single-point utility hook-ups for economical installation and startup.
- Packaged RO Plants
Filtration system (conventional, micro & ultrafiltration)
ETP Plants (Chemical & Biological)
Presently we offer capacity up to 500 m3/day for all above systems
Packaged Waste Water Treatment Systems
MBR pre-engineered wastewater treatment systems for industrial , onsite and municipal, applications use submerged membrane technology, a system that provides end-users with high-quality performance, minimal operational requirements, and a robust design that will stand the test of time, delivering excellent water quality at optimal ROI cost.
SFS systems come in standard or custom designs with smaller footprints than conventional systems. Submerged membrane systems eliminate the need for clarifiers and sand filters and produce significantly better effluent quality. Integral zones can be added to meet particular effluent goals, including nutrient removal, disinfection, sludge holding and post-aeration.
Waste Water Treatment Re-Use
Oil & Gas
Reduced Foot Print
Membrane technology has played a vital role in helping the oil and gas industry reduce its water footprint. At the center of this endeavor is the MBR system, offering a low-energy solution to industrial wastewater treatment, together with ultra filtration systems, addressing tertiary treatment of industrial wastewaters.
We tailor our technologies to meet changing industry needs and environmental requirements, and can craft a recycling solution to fit your budget and ongoing operational needs.
Reduced Water Consumption & Waste Water Recycling
Chemical industries around the world are looking to reduce water consumption and recycle wastewater as an effective means of minimizing discharge costs. We offer a range of clean solutions that are getting the job done exceptionally well.
Whether you require a submerged MBR solution, a tubular system designed for high solids, or a tertiary ultra filtration membrane. We have the expertise to solve your challenges, and even save you money.
Waste Water Re-use
Leaders in water reuse
Environmental concerns, combined with increasingly stringent wastewater discharge requirements, are escalating the water reuse issue in all regions of the world. The challenge for the water treatment industry is to develop technology and processes that will treat industrial wastewater to meet relevant water re-use standards.
Leading the way, innovative membrane systems are highly effective on all waste water types and are now playing a key role in the booming water re-use industry .